Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fashion Show and Quote

I picked alexander McQueen as my current Fashion show for the fall/winter 2010. 
This colections was gourges! I mean words cant explain! A few trends I saw in this collection were the... 

The first trend that started the fashion show was the ankle pants. These pants are a more proffesional approach to the ankle skinny jeans, and look great in the carrer world. As you can see The first picture is the Alexander McQueen look, and the second is a Victoria Secret pant. 


High ankle boots, are coming in faster and bigger this fall then Ever! The first is the Alexander McQueen bootie and the second is Christian Louboutin boot. 




My third trend is lace. Lace is everywhere these days from dresses, to shirts and shoes! Its really popular and McQueen did it very well in this mini lace dress for his collection. Also you can see the second picture is a dress from Neiman Marcus, also made buy Alexander McQueen. 


Last I did feathers! This is a bit drastic but a more of a risk taker then fur! The first look is from McQueen and the second is from Alice + Olive, sold at Neiman Marcus. 






This link shows his whole collection + the Runway Fashion Show: Experience




Quote




" The most courageous act is still to think of yourself. Aloud" 
- Coco Chanel


The reason why I chose Coco Chanel as my designer quote, was because I think she was such a risk taker in the 1920's of fashion for the sophisticated woman. I not only love her but, she she has many Quotes that are still famous today in the fashion world, but the one I have choose(above) is one of my favorites. And its because I like how she's saying you need to express yourself out loud threw your clothing, and be selfish about it. She was the perfect idol to be all about 'women first' in fashion, and will always be a timeless icon in the fashion industry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment